Owner Built Homes
Mutual Self-Help Program (owner built homes) is a partnership with NeighborWorks and USDA Rural Development. Qualified buyers earn instant equity costs by working with a group of other families to help build their own homes. Their labor is called “sweat equity” and it can make homes affordable. Hard work is the key to this project, along with a desire to work together to build our community and new homes. The group commits to building their own homes, and embarks on a guided development that turns the dream into reality.
Do you want to?
- Help build your own home?
- Get out of the renter trap?
- Have an affordable house payment?
- Purchase a home with no down payment?
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to become a successful
and responsible homeowner?
Do you Have?
- Acceptable Credit
- 2 years of dependable income
- Ability to commit 30 hours per week for 12 months (family & volunteers)
- Dedication to become a homeowner
More Questions? Check out our Mutual Self Help F.A.Q.
If you are interested in participating in this program,or if you are interested in volunteering to help the families with their builds, please contact our office, at 406-751-5861 or send us an email.