Owner Built Homes
NeighborWorks' Owner Built Homes program is a partnership with NeighborWorks and USDA Rural Development. Qualified participants earn instant equity costs by working with a group of other families to help build each others' homes, and in doing so help to build one another's dreams. Their labor is called “sweat equity” and is what makes these homes affordable. Hard work is the key to this project, along with a desire to work together to build our community and new homes. The group commits to building 10 homes together, and no one can move in until all 10 homes have been completed. NeighborWorks Owner Built Homes allow families and individuals to embark on a guided development that turns their homeownership dream into a reality.
Do you want to?
- Achieve the dream of homeownership, and in doing so own a 2-3 bedroom brand new home
- Have the pride of building your own home, and help your neighbors do the same
- Get out of the renter's trap, and build wealth from homeownership
- Have an affordable house payment and purchase a home with no down payment
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to become a successful and responsible homeowner
- Acceptable Credit
- 2 years of dependable income
- Ability to commit 30 hours per week for 12 months (family & volunteers)
- Dedication and drive to become a homeowner
- Rental history is preferred
- Please contact our office all qualifications
Interested? Fill out the form below:
More Questions? Check out our Owner Built Homes F.A.Q.
If you are interested in participating in this program,or if you are interested in volunteering to help families with their builds, please contact our office, at 406-751-5861 or send us an email, or fill out the form above.